Monday, May 05, 2008

I Forgive You, Paul

I'm a regular UniWatch reader. You know I love that site. But sometimes somebody says something and you just cringe. Today, after a full year of the Red Sox bullpen doing the pirate thing, Paul asks, "does anyone know why the Red Sox have a Jolly Roger hanging in their bullpen?" Ouch. To me that's like asking "does anyone know what the B on the Red Sox hat stands for?" But then I realize, Hey, I guess if you're not a Sox fan and you don't obsess over this stuff on a daily basis year round, you're gonna miss some stuff...

Comments:
So what does it mean?
 
Last year, the Red Sox' bullpen members started calling the bullpen "the Black Pearl" complete with pirate nicknames for everybody and a parrot mascot, which was stolen during last year's playoffs and then returned.

Here's a post I did about it last October complete with picture--(even then I was making fun of people for not having known it, haha)
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States