Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ignorance Is Fluff

Know who that is? Freakin' Cindy, that's who! Cindy Brady herself, Susan Olsen.

Kim and I were selling soap at the Fluff festival in Somerville, and since Susan does Fluff-related art, she was the belle of the sticky ball. I grew up with The Brady Bunch (it was in reruns by then, I'm not that old, sizzlechest), so meeting any Brady is always a big deal. Actually, I'd never met any others. And I chickened out on meeting Cindy, so I guess I don't really know what it's like to meet one. But I did take a few candid shots of her.

At 4 something, I checked the score. 0-0 in the second. I reloaded the page on Kim's iFin, and the Yanks' 0 turned into a 6. Shit. Oh well, I thought, keep getting those other teams to lose. But both the Rays and Angels won. So we lose a game, now 1.5 up on the Rays with a DH Sunday. Huge day. We could go 3 up, or be tied. Or something in between. Below, a few more pictures I took at What the Fluff? It was a really fun day, and the big early Yankee lead allowed me to not be tied to the scoreboard.







Did anybody get the iFin joke?

Comments:
5.5 years later, I'll just tell you: iFin is from the movie I Love You, Man. And "sizzlechest" is from Jerky Boys. And I was back in Somerville today for Open Studios! I miss it. I'm talking to nobody right now with this comment.......
 
Except me, 7-months-ago self!
 
And don't forget me...Future Boy!!!!!
 
Don't forget me, Super Future Boy! Here for the 11-year anniversary of this post!
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States