Tuesday, November 25, 2008

RI Sunset

Kim needed me to drop something off at a UPS Store. I checked to see where they are, and I figured I go to the Warwick one--not too much farther from us than the downcity Providence one--so I could take some lighthouse/bay shots. I wasn't even thinking about sunset shots, but just when I got to the point, the sky turned pink. Click to enlarge:






Those are obviously looking west. Below, looking east at the Conimicut Lighthouse in Naragansett Bay.


And then looking back up north, I could see the lights of Providence, eight miles north up the river.





The "A" marker below is where I was standing. Sorry about the raindrops on the lens...


View Larger Map

And here's one I messed with the color on (not even Photoshop, just a few tweaks in iPhoto) :


I stood out there in the chilly drizzle, got these shots, started to drive away and the pink was all gone. Nice timing on this one.

Comments:
Beautiful pics!
 
Thanks.
 
Wasn't like that here on Tuesday, that's for sure. It was getting dark at 3:30 because of that rain. It reminded me of northern Maine where the sun sets this time of year at 3:45.

This morning we had black ice here. A couple of towns treated their roads but the one I technically live in did not. I drove into my town later in the morning and there was one spot where there was a little bit of slippery road, and you could tell a car had slid off the road by the disheveled embankment near the roadway.

Then went to Barnes & Noble and saw a few copies of your book, which was VERY cool.
 
It was probably 4-something when I took those pics. It was so weird, it just seemed like a standard overcast spitty day, but that sun peeked out right at the moment I got to the beach. Totally wasn't expecting that. I almost emailed you asking if you caught the pink, since you're into this stuff, too.

That's cool you saw my book! Currently in every B&N in New England, according to their site. Except Yale Bookstore for some reason...
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States