Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wednesday Night Faux Toes

September 22, 2010.

The Monster.

Cops on the field.

Near Canvas Alley.

As I approached Drinkwater in the aisle, I tried to take a clandestine shot. I can't believe it came out this good!

Great moonrise over Boston that night. And beautiful weather. High was almost 90 I think.

And again.

Papi batting in the outfield.

Underneath, first base side.

The trophies were on hand.

In scary scenes in cartoons, the moon always has a few lines of clouds going right in front of it. What are the odds?? Happened on this night, though.

Underneath, third base side.

Pesky Pole from far away.

Go onto the new stairway inside Gate A, and look left, and you can see down here, where fans are forbidden.

Moon over Fenway High.

Can you guess where this shot was taken from?

Papi hit his 31st homer.

And Reddick hit his first Fenway dong.

Bard on the mound.

Getting toward the end for Mikey Lowell. Saturday, October 2nd is "Thanks, Mike Night."

Beltre hackin'.

Former Sox catcher and favorite of my mom, Gary Allenson.

Lars Anderson and John "I played in Jere's day so I'm obviously not the only guy with this nickname" Shelby.

Puce Penis in front of the scoreboard.

My boy! Nick Markakis is the baseball Wes Anderson. I discovered Anderson just as Bottle Rocket came out because I happened to see a story about it on CNN. He became a favorite of mine, and went on to be an amazing director. I first heard of Markakis his rookie year when I happened to hear Castiglione mention he'd grown up on Long Island as a Sox fan. He became a favorite of mine, and went on to be an amazing ballplayer. Something like that.

Papelbon pitching to my boy.

And the Red Sox win.

Pap in front, Papi and Cameron clownin' in the back.

Victor and Watney. I was hoping they'd do the rookie hazing thing that night, but since the road trip doesn't start until Friday, they all just drove home. In normal clothes. As far as I know.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States