Sunday, October 27, 2013

Great Moments In Technical Snafu History

October 2004: My blog "disappears" during the ALCS. I'm unable to post anything and viewers are treated to a blank screen during one of the most important stretches of baseball in Red Sox history.

October 2008: TBS goes dark at the beginning of Game 6 of the ALCS between the Red Sox and Rays.

October 2013: On the day of Game 3 of the World Series, after hearing the first few innings in the car since I worked till 8:00, I get home to discover the TV isn't working. No Internet or phone either. After a half hour on the phone with Verizon, and being told they need to send a technician but not until MONDAY, I finally have to just listen on radio--and stupid MLB has decided that the affiliates of WEEI get the national feed. All of New England outside of Boston is Castiglione free for the World Series.

Why do these things always happen during the baseball playoffs????

I really needed to have the normal home-viewing experience for that game last night. That goddamn game. So much to say about it, but you've heard it all ad nauseating by now. I've got the whole off-season to talk about this stuff, I'll get to it. Just be assured I'm as pissed as you about everything you're pissed about. We need to score early and often tonight and make everybody forget about last night, then get another gloria gem-a from Lester and take this thing back to Boston. Hopefully I have fucking cable by then. (And after that, well, after the current Boardwalk Empire season ends, I cancel Verizon and never, ever, ever deal with them again.)(Bonus: the woman I spoke to on the phone said to call today to see if any other people canceled, and maybe I could get a technician over today. When I called today as instructed, the guy I got said that's only happened once in all the years he's worked there, and it was during Hurricane Sandy. Classic Verizon.)

Comments:
I'm pissed about the baggage retrieval system they've got at Heathrow. Glad you're onboard.
 
Our area has been without internet since sometime Thursday night. I have been listening at work, but L has been out of luck re TV at home. It better come back on by Monday night!
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States