Sunday, June 02, 2013

11-1

Always good to destroy the Yanks when everyone's watching. And we needed this win to stay in first by ourselves. So now it's a two-game lead, and the Yanks have lost 6 of their last 7. The Napoli grand dong was sweet. And on Nava's dong, listen to Joe Buck call him Nova.

Sunday night at 8 it's Buchholz and Kuroda. Then we finally get a day off before coming home for Texas and the Angels.

What a Channy weekend. He's doing the rare visit to Rhode Island (usually I go to him because New York), and we've been trying to squeeze every drop of fun out of the time. And at the end of a long day, we flip on ESPN and see my school and his school are playing each other in the NCAA women's softball World Series, and it's the 15th inning. My Huskers lost to his Gators as the potential tying run was gunned down at third in the bottom of the 15th.

P.S. I guess this is really old info, but I heard it from Castig tonight for the first time: Phil Hughes's dad is from Lincoln, RI, and despite that Phil was born in California, he grew up rooting for Mo and Nomar and the 90s Red Sox. The dad said that if Phil is ever not on the Yankees anymore, all the Red Sox memorabilia will go back up on his wall. (I don't know about you, but if I ever for some strange reason found myself working for the Yankees in any capacity, and didn't kill myself first, and any of my family members suggested they'd take down their pictures of Ted Williams because of it, I'd insist that they didn't. Terrible job for (I assume) not doing that, Phil Hughes!)

Comments:
Is it just us or is Tony Pena the new go-to guy in the dugout for the cameraman now that Jeter is indisposed? Seems as if we are seeing a lot of him........
Dewey & Co.
 
The other night I had the exact same thought. They were talking about some random thing and there was Pena. And then I realized, Oh right, because he's the manager when Girardi's ejected. So maybe it was just that--have you been noticing this in non-Girardi-ejected situations?
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States