Friday, March 08, 2013

Ryan Westmoreland Retires

For some reason, redsox.com doesn't even mention it, but Ryan Westmoreland decided to retire from baseball at age 22. After the second brain surgery it didn't look too good, but I was holding out hope for the kid from Aquidneck Island, which is where I work, passing through his hometown every day. This article does a good job of summing up the sad tale of Westmoreland.

Update: Allan sent me the link to the mlb.com story. For whatever reason, redsox.com didn't deem it worthy enough to make the front page, which shows up to 14 recent stories. Unless I missed it, but I don't think I did since I saw stories older than that one still up there.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States