Monday, December 03, 2012

Red Sox Eat Turkey; Then Take Napoli

Mike Napoli! I didn't want to talk about it at the rumor stage (I'd been checking his Twitter feed every few hours), but I am excited to get this guy. If you've ever watched a game where Mike Napoli is playing at Fenway Park, you know why. He hits long powerful dongs there. Like every time he's up. On the Joy of Sox board, we're always keeping track of his stats against the Red Sox, because he's just absolutely killed us for years. Search "Napoli" in the box at the top of this blog and you'll see what I mean.

He's not the greatest hitter in the world, but we've learned recently that getting the best players don't translate to winning. Napoli at Fenway is different from Napoli anywhere else. So I think he's a perfect addition. At least for half the games....

(Report is from "a baseball source" so we'll see if it's true but it seems pretty true.)

[Bonus: A-Rod out until May, June, or July, depending on what you read.]

Comments:
I love this too! Napoli / Salty / Lavarnway / Ross seems like a lot of catchers though.

Obvious question is who is out - Saltalamacchia or Lavarnway?
 
I wonder if the article about Lavarnway not moving to 1B means he's out. Both he and Salty appeared at the Xmas @ Fenway events, so I guess we can't use that as any indication of who's staying.
 
Any concern that the only reason Napoli hit so well at Fenway was he was facing Boston pitching?
 
I love Napoli, I've had him on my fantasy team for two years, and his primary weakness is not getting to play enough, he has great power numbers and should fit well in Fenway.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States