Monday, November 21, 2011

Greg Halman

Almost every time I go to a game at Fenway Park, I watch for the moment when David Ortiz does his pre-game running/stretching. Because he'll almost always be out behind second base just as one of his buddies from the other team is out there. It's always a great photo op when David is laughing and hugging and clowning with his opponent pals.

When I read that Seattle Mariners' outfielder Greg Halman was stabbed to death this morning, I checked to see if any of his 44 major league games were in Boston. One was: July 22nd, 2011. As it turns out, I was there. I went through my photos from that day, and guess who Papi's special behind-second-base friend was that day?





Comments:
Mom here.

I especially loved that first picture. I think you should send those photos to Big Papi. I bet they'll mean a lot to him. So sad.
 
that's an awesome and timely tragic find. thanks for posting those.
steve
 
Steve, no problem. Nice site, too.

Mom--Good idea. I really don't know if they're specifically friends or he just happened to be doing his runs at the same time. It's also worth noting that the opponent who meets Papi out there is almost always from the DR--Halman is from the Netherlands which is also where he was killed.
 
Your pictures made me feel sad.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States