Saturday, February 19, 2011

What's Currently Up With: The 2004 Red Sox (Part 2 of 3)

Ricky Gutierrez: He's back coaching his Miami high school's baseball team--the American Patriots.

Adam Hyzdu: Was playing in Japan in 2007. That's the latest info I have. Please contact me with any sightings.

Bobby Jones: Played in the minors through '06, and either he or the other Bobby Jones was fired from a New Jersey high school in '07. In other words, I got nothin'. And any info I find could be the wrong Bobby Jones. So we're just gonna have to be secretly in love with each other and leave it at that, Richie.

Gabe Kapler: Currently picking up trash. But he's the champion of picking up trash! Signed a minor league deal with the Dodgers last month.

Byung-Hyun Kim: Will be pitching in the Japanese Pacific League this season.

Curt Leskanic: This man should have near-Dave-Roberts status, I still don't know why he doesn't. Anyway, he was scouting for us for a while. Is he still? I couldn't determine that.

Derek Lowe: Still kickin' butt with the Braves.

Mark Malaska: Hasn't played ball since '05. I guess he's back in his hometown in Ohio. But don't quote me on that.

Anastacio Martinez: Pitched for the Calgary Vipers last season. That's independent ball, ma'am/sir.

Pedro Martinez: Will try to catch on with somebody in the second half this year.

Sandy Martinez: Manager of the Nationals' affiliate in the Dominican Summer League. (If you believe an uncredited line on Wikipedia.)

Dave McCarty: We all remember his NESN work. Don't know if he'll be on there in '11. I wanted to avoid "I don't know"s on this list but I'm clearly failing.

Ramiro Mendoza: I think Michael Kay is still jerking off to this guy. Retired in 2009.

Doug M...k...ch: I guess he's working for CBS Sports, but while researching it, I found this awesome video of a basketball announcer falling asleep during a broadcast. And that's the important thing here, right?

Kevin Millar: Does all kinds of broadcasting work. And were he to desire a cold beverage in my presence, I would provide the currency necessary to obtain it.

Doug Mirabelli: Looking for a home in Traverse City, Suttons Bay, Williamsburg, Lake Leelanau, or Elk Rapids? Doug Mirabelli is your man.

Comments:
Mark Malaska lives in Rhode Island! He married a local and he sells cars.
 
Thanks! Wanna fix his Wikipedia page? It says he lives in Youngstown, Ohio.
 
No, because I would feel bad if he got divorced and moved back home. Sounds like a bad Sunday night drama on ABC. Perhaps called "Heading for Home".
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States