Friday, February 18, 2011

Stone Cold Crazy

While doing some research for my little Where Are They Now Project, I noticed a Dan Shaughnessy article from last Sunday which contained this line:

"[Number 28] was worn by lunkheads Steve Crawford, Jeff Stone, and Doug Mirabelli."

One of the things Dan has been criticized for is the time he made fun of Jeff Stone for being, supposedly, mildly retarded. I really don't know the exact history of that, nor do I have his exact quote. But even in the absolute best-case scenario for CHB--which would be that he never said anything at all and it's a complete fabrication--do you think it's a wise move for him to call the guy a "lunkhead"? I don't. It almost seems like he's doing it on purpose to prove a point or something. I don't know what's going on in that guy's head.

By the way, if you're too young to remember the 1990 pennant race, look into this Jeff Stone guy. (And Tom Brunansky if you haven't gotten that far yet.)

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States