Sunday, November 28, 2010

RIP Frank Drebin

Leslie Nielsen died. I'm not afraid to say it, I am a Leslie Nielsen fan. I even bought "Bad Golf Made Easy" on VHS. The work he did in the Naked Gun movies, and, more importantly, on the short-lived, too-smart-for-idiot-America Police Squad! show, was hilarious. I love how that show only lasts six episodes but people will watch "Celebrity You've Never Heard of Aside From This Show Doing Stuff Around the Goddamn House" over and over and over and over. But anyway....move along. Nothing to see here.

Comments:
I'll miss him. He always used to be in the Hartford area for the pro-am round of the GHO. I even passed him by on a West Hartford Center sidewalk as he and friends were on their way to dinner. I said hi and shook his hand and thanked him. I'm glad that I did.
 
Surely you can't be serious.

Some of us remember him from the 50's sci-fi classic Forbidden Planet, as well as a guest appearance on an episode of M*A*S*H in the early 70's.
 
I'll always remember him as Enrico Palazzo.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States