Monday, November 15, 2010

@!#?@!

I was jut reading about Q*bert. One thing I never realized in all these years is that the name is a combination of "cube" and "Hubert." They basically took a name with the "ube" sound, and put a C in front of it to cubify it. But since they took it one step further and spelled "Cubert" as "Q-bert," any sense of the word "cube" was lost on me. But Jere, the board is made up of cubes! Sorry, I always thought of him as jumping from "square to square." If they called it Squarold maybe I would have gotten it. But judging by their naming tendencies, they would have changed the spelling to throw me off the trail.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States