Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Yankees Unfortunately Still Playing

I started this blog before the 2004 season, so tonight is the first time in the Internet-presence-me era that the Yanks will be playing in the World Series. Five years of them not even being there. An amazingly terrible job by them, and I certainly am grateful for it, especially considering the era we were coming out of back then.

2003: What a team we had. We fell in love with them (more than usual) and they went a long way. And their heartbreak made 2004 that much sweeter. So we ended up with a Marlins-Yankees matchup. And I really didn't watch much. Hardly any memories of it. For some reason I remember putting it on the radio in my car going from New Haven to Danbury with gritted teeth--and then watching Beckett get Posada to end it. Before that, those bums were in it in 2001, and coming off the 3 out of 4, and seeing them get late-inning win after win, I was about ready to go on a shooting spree. Fortunately, they finally blew it in the end--I heard the end on the radio, and my dad called right after and said "there is a god."

Hopefully they can extend their WS losing streak to 3.

Let's proverbially go Phillies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments:
I never, ever tire of watching the Diamondbacks rally against Mariano in the 9th inning of Game 7 back in 2001. Never.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States