Saturday, July 25, 2009

Yanks' Lead Slipping Away A Half Game At A Time

The A's tried desperately to blow an eighth inning 6-0 lead, but they held on for a 6-4 win. With Jeter up as the tying run with two outs, I rooted for him to hit a ball that was caught at the wall. He didn't hit it that deep, but the crowd thought it was a game-tying homer, only to have it fall short, and that's good enough for me.

Note for those saying "be careful what you wish for": I'm very careful what I wish for. I want the Yankee fans to be so completely sure they're going to win, only to lose heartbreakingly, every game, for a minimum of the next 81 years. Then again, I'd take seeing them getting blown out every game and go 0-162 every year, too.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States