Saturday, July 18, 2009

Where Do I Sign Up?!

The latest "advertise for us" spam to show up in my inbox:

Dear Sir/Madam,

After visiting http://letsgosox.blogspot.com/ , our company, would be interested in an advertisement on your site. We provide consumers information about bettertrades in sports. We want ad on the homepage only.We dont want site-wide link.We dont want no-follow tags.Our advertisement format is generally 15 words long and it will contain one to three text links, which we provide. Please let us know how much your site would charge for an ad of this size.We look forward to your reply and the opportunity to work with you.

Thank you,
Jessica Moser


Ooh! Sir/madam! They must be avid readers! I'm sure they just forgot about the big "ad-free blog" banner for that one second when they were e-mailing me personally, while at the same time forgetting my name and gender. It happens. They're no dummies. They know my blog name is my url and that it has an extra space at the end. What, did you think they cut and pasted my url into a template? Come on. We're talking about some of the finest marketers in the industry. They know only a personalized, error-free e-mail (like the one above) gets the job done. I'm sure forgetting to put their own site's name in the e-mail was also just a one-time brain cramp. I bet it's normally in bold caps.

So, Ms. Jessica Moser, yes. Since you're such a big fan and you have correctly deduced that giving my readers "information about bettertrades in sports" is what I've been desperately, unsuccessfully trying to accomplish for over five years, yes, I will gladly break my "ad-free" rule and go against everything I stand for to put a link to your site (I'll just leave the name blank for now--you can tell me what it is in due time). How much do I charge? Usually, it's....well, let's see now, since I've never done this before, I don't have a set price, but I'll just go ahead and charge you zero dollars because, again, you've pinned down just what this site needs. In fact, to show my appreciation, why don't I pay you for the right to put your site's link on my page? I can replace that prime ad space where I've currently got the "ad-free blog" banner, as I won't be needing that any more.

Thank you, and God bless.

Jere

Comments:
Wow, she's SO observant. I'm literally baffled.

Have a great weekend. Maybe our Sox can score a few runs on Sunday.
 
How 'bout $8 million bucks...I'll split it with you and Kim.
 
The 'God Bless' part is what made me laugh.
 
Haha! People like you got the extra funny...
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States