Thursday, June 04, 2009

A Little Bit Frightening

David Carradine seems to have committed suicide at age 72. "Kung Fu" was before my time, but I thought the guy did a great job in Kill Bill. I can just see him casually licking his fingers while making a sandwich as he told the tale of the dead goldfish. And I really liked the story about superheroes' identities in that same scene.

I don't know anything about his personal life, but I can't understand doing this at 72. Maybe he was sick and didn't want a long, drawn-out death?

Comments:
My great-grandmother drowned herself in the family pool when she was in her 80's. It kind of makes you reconsider all the senior citizen stereotypes and remember that they're just as complicated as everyone else.
 
Later in the day I read that senior citizens have one of the highest suicide rates. And that does make sense, but my logical mind keeps saying, "but you made it this far!"

It's like those kids who drop out of HS a month before graduation.

You know what else I can't understand--hanging, drowning, these seem like acts of brave people. I'd be afraid to do that stuff! So if these people are brave, how come they want to give up on life?
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States