Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sweep

Nice win tonight, which I saw from the front row of the Monster Seats. I will post pics soon.

For now, two things:

1. The Yanks won in 14 innings on a home run. You know what the headline is on MLB.com? Are you ready to laugh? "Mystique and aura make move to new stadium." Some people are just delusional. If there are any smart Yankee fans, they're more worried about Sabathia giving up seven runs and the fact that they should've won that game long before the 14th, rather than thinking about some magical spirits that allow them to win a game for every two they lose by like 20 runs.

2. It's like clockwork. I've been saying this for over a year now: Go to Fenway Park and someone near you will think Sweet Caroline is supposed to played in the middle of the seventh. Tonight, I actually had two empty seats next to me the whole game. As the late innings approached, I thought, Just don't worry about it someone does the usual, just let it go. But then this couple sits next to me as Sweet Caroline is starting. I hear the guy go, "but they're doing it in the eighth." The girl says "well NOW they do." Uh-ohhhhh. I couldn't help it. I just turned to her and said, "it's always been in the eighth." She says, "Well I must've been so plastered before because I always remember doing it in the seventh inning stretch." So, again, for random people finding this on a Google search for some research project or article: The seventh inning stretch is for Take Me Out to the Ballgame. The middle of the eighth inning is, always has been, and always will be for Sweet Caroline.

Next time you go to Fenway, listen for people getting it wrong. Happens every time.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States