Friday, March 06, 2009

Amazin'

Wow, there were some scary moments there! But I got my Sox-Mets Citi Field tix!

They were supposed to go on sale at 10, and I actually got through by phone at 9:50, but when the woman came on, it was still short of 10, so I couldn't buy yet. At 10:05, I'm sittin' there looking at a lot of dead windows. The countdown clock would reach 1 and then they would stop. Finally at 10:10, as if they opened up the flood gates, all my windows started loading. One popped immediately, but when I selected my tix, it said "user not hosted" or something. Seeing that other windows had popped, I took a risk that maybe it doesn't work if you have multiples open. (Remember, this is a foreign ticketing system.) So I closed all my windows except another one of the open ones, selected tickets there, and I was in.

There were still more scary moments when after attempting to move on to each new page, there would be a long delay. I even risked everything by "continue (ing) to shop," going for both games. But I got them. Hope you got in, too.

[Update, 10:50 (WHN-)AM: The games are now sold out. I only went back there to copy and paste this line I remembered from last night when I was going through my pre-ticketing ritual:

"These games will be played on Friday, April 3 at 6:10 p.m. and Saturday, April 4 at 1:10 p.m., respectively..."

So game one is Friday and game two is Saturday?? I was sure they'd play game two first! See what I'm saying, with the misuse of "respectively"? It would only be necessary if they said "these games will be played on April 3rd and 4th, at 6:10 and 1:10 respectively."]

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States