Monday, February 09, 2009

A-Rod To Lie--Er, "Talk" Later Today

[Update, 2:38 PM: A-Rod admits it. Says he did it from 2001 to 2003. So the "average American" who has been told that this means everything's forgiven will now just forget about this. But people with common sense know that this man is officially a liar and a cheater (among all the other things he is). Also remember that when someone admits to a certain amount of cheating, you can usually double that amount at least.]

A-Rod will be on ESPN with Gammons at some point today. I can't imagine him doing anything but trying to make excuses.

You know what I don't like? When I'm told that I feel a certain way because that's how "America" feels. Like, "America always give people a second chance" and "we love a redemption story" and "if you say this, we'll forgive you." I'm gonna listen to each case individually and judge it. For example, people seem to be saying, "Okay, A-Rod, here's what you say to make everything okay." Even if says that, how do you know he's not just saying it for exactly that reason, to make something THAT'S NOT OKAY NO MATTER HOW YOU SPIN IT appear okay to all the fools who are ready to forgive as long as they hear what the media told them they want to hear?

Just like with Pettitte, this guy kept it a secret that he cheated, and never would've told that secret unless someone else discovered it. Whether you fess up afterward or not doesn't matter--an honest person would've admitted what he did BEFORE getting caught. I was explaining this to my sister yesterday, and her 7-year old daughter heard me and said, "That makes sense to me and I don't even know what you're talking about."

Comments:
Jere, this interview is going to make Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's couch look sane.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States