Thursday, December 04, 2008

Board-ers

My book is finally on Borders.com! Click here. I was wondering what was taking them so long.... It lists it as a paperback, which is not true. We'll have to get 'em to fix that, but I'm just glad we're finally listed on there.

Lou Gorman sat at the next table from me today in a restaurant. He was back-to-back from me, so I never got a good look at his face, but I'm 99% sure it was him. He talked the whole time about baseball, as Kim and I eavesdropped. When I say "he talked," I mean literally, he was talking while the guy with him said about five words the whole time. I knew it was someone with connections when I heard him mention Oakland's Matt Holliday signing and then say he'd "have to call Bill and ask him about that move." Between that and the classic Lou Gorman accent, I was almost positive it was him. But when I looked him up online and saw that he's a native of South Providence, I upped it to 99%, since the restaurant we were in was literally right at the border of Providence and Cranston, which is just south of Providence. I won't tell you everything else he said, except that Vladimir Putin was involved. Other than that, it was like listening to a speech about all things baseball and Red Sox since the other guy wasn't talking. Pretty cool.

Taz-mania today at 3:00

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States