Tuesday, July 15, 2008

In The Stars

Here's a sign I've been meaning to get a picture of for years. It's in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, where we used to spend time in my summers growing up. I always thought it was a "fake" E.T., but I have inspected it closely, and it's a copyrighted image. I guess these signs were popular 25 years ago, and only a few have remained. I think there might be another one in...Trumbull? Have you ever seen one of these?

I took this shot last weekend, as I took the Old Saybrook exit on my way to my parents' house in New Haven. The sign is right near the Heritage Motor Inn, where I watched the '83 All-Star Game. I can't believe it's been 25 years. I wonder which is older, the game or the street sign. For more of my 1983 ASG memories, search my archives--I talk about it every July....

[Update from like ten seconds after I posted that: Here's some more info on the sign--I guess they put them up in 1999. I guess that explains why I don't remember that sign being in that spot in the '80s...]

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States