Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Predictions

I asked some fellow bloggers to predict the outcomes of each ALDS. Some gave me in-detail predictions, which I'll look back at afterwards, but here are their basic answers, in the order I received them:

Evan (MVN/Firebrand of the American League): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 5.

Kelly (Sitting Still): Red Sox in 4, Yankees in 5.

Reb (Reb Sox): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 5.

Joanna (Empyreal Environs): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 5.

Laura (We Move To Canada): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 5.

John (The Mighty Quinn Media Machine): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 4.

Allan (The Joy of Sox): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 5.

Andrew (12-Eight): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 5.

Kim (Gibberish from the 02145): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 3.

Jennifer (San Francisco Red Sox Fan): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 5.

Michael (Random Fandom): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 4.

Cyn (Red Sox Chick): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 5.

Peter (Peter's Red Sox Forever): Red Sox in 4, Indians in 4.

We'll see if I get any more in by 6:30. And feel free to add your predictions in the comments. I like how, in classic Red Sox blogger fashion, the female-male ratio is about 1 to 1.

The common thought seems to be Sox in 4, Indians in 5. Only one Sox person so far has picked the Yanks to win their series.

I'd also like to point out that the team that hasn't won in the longest time for each league is still alive (Indians and Cubs.)

And I never mentioned here the Mets' collapse. Amazin'. Think of it this way: while many Yankee fans were happy about it, those "I just root for New York"* ass holes were saddened. And my little prediction about the Rockies looks good now. It's so weird, I just thought they were really awesome in the summer, then didn't think about them for months, and then from the moment I checked how they were doing, they went on that incredible streak and made the playoffs. They lead the Phils, 3-2 in the seventh of their Game One right now, with Orsillo on the mic.

Comments:
Sox in 4, Indians in 5. I can't take Yanks-Sox on Fox again.
 
I'm going Red Sox in 3! I don't think we'll have trouble with Anaheim.

Indians, I don't now if they'll show up, but if they do, it should be good. Cleveland in 4.
 
I have to agree with just about everyone, Sox in 4. If the Angels win (please no), I'd say in 4 or 5, depending on how our rotation does end up.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States