Thursday, April 05, 2007

Avoid The Grump

Today I start training my replacement here at work. I wasn't too happy about having to completely ignore the 2:05 Dice start. But this morning, I got acquainted with the new guy, and it turns out he's a big baseball fan. So, at 2:00, I will train him on how to watch mlb.tv at work! [Note to boss, should she ever read this: This blog is a work of fiction. Anything written here is the opposite of true. Also, I'm not even the same Jere. Are you calling me on a cellular phone? Do I know you? Prank caller! Prank caller!]

I've also got a correspondent in KC, who'll be providing us with some pics from the park. I'll post those either during the game, if I get a chance and if he can get them to me then, or tonight. So watch for that.

Empy sent me this:

Hastings chatted with the boy for two hours on March 27, describing several sexual acts, the criminal complaint says.

During a chat on March 28, Hastings wrote to the boy: “We’ll play it by ear as will need to be cautious no need to raise suspicion or alert cops (be)cause I can go to jail.”

Hastings agreed to meet the boy near the mall’s food court at about 9 p.m. Saturday. He told the boy he would be driving the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees van.

Hastings showed up driving a brown car, and was arrested when he approached the police decoy.

After his arrest, Hastings told police he had access to the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees van because he is the Grump and attends special appearances mainly at functions involving children.


Ouch! (The "Grump" is the name of their mascot.) Terrible job as usual, Yankees organization.

Comments:
That is way creepy...
 
Nice Eric Stoltz/Pulp Fiction reference
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States