Monday, March 26, 2007

Kapdate

It's funny to see Kapstein and Drinkwater at the spring training games. I don't know how long that's been going on. But today I saw the Kap'n behind the plate at the opponents' home park. He doesn't have quite the same pull over there, as he only scored a third row seat. But he was workin'! That's right, Kap Gun was on the cell for much of the time I was watching. And he wasn't waving to the camera, if you know what I mean. He's gotta earn his keep doing...what is it he does again? Oh, right, "senior advisor/baseball projects." He must've been e-vising and maybe setting up an arts and crafts day for the players. That'd be a good project. I think Manny Delcarmen would be good at making those popsicle stick people.

Comments:
I wish I could find on-line that late-70's illustration of Kapstein wearing a leisure suit and sporting a Pete Rose/Prince Valient-style hairdo...it was from a Sports Illustrated article (around '77 or so) about how free-agency would change baseball. Kapstein was kinda the Scott Boras of that era; he represented Lynn and Burleson I believe. Maybe I have that old SI in my parents' attic.
 
I was looking forward to seeing J-Kap at the PawSox banquet next week, but I just now realized that he'll probably be on the road with Boston.

I want my money back!
 
I think there's a chance he goes to the PawSox thing. I've never seen him behind the plate at any road parks in the reg. season. But he might sit in the special glassed-in seats. (Though he seems like more of an "I must sit behind the plate or I'm not going!" type of guy.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States