Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Not A Household Name

I just assumed everyone knew who Don Orsillo was. But just now, I had ESPNews on, and they went to live bonus coverage of the last few seconds of a Providence basketball game, and the anchor gave the name of the announcers. "Now we throw it out to so-and-so and Don OR-sa-low." I was only flipping by, and I'd already hit the channel up button, but my brain processed "OR-sal-low" just before moving on to the next sound it heard, so I went back, and sure enough, it was Don. (He was a little premature with his "and the Friars will win" call, but he turned out to be right.)

Here I'm acting like people should all know his name, and I didn't even realize he announced Providence basketball...

Comments:
And the accent was on the FIRST syllable? Wow....wake up guys!
Thanks Jere...enjoy hump day. P
 
The announcer must have picked it up from Buck Martinez, who insists on calling Big Papi "David OR-teez".
 
I remember that from Jays-Sox EI games last year!
 
Did he say "outstanding" or "full bore"?

(Hi, Laura!)
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States