Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Update To Reggie Post

I just got the following e-mail from the Blue Jays. (As it turns out, the Reggie Jackson thing was an exclusive offer to U.S. fans. So, uh, that doesn't make this look any better. To assume that we Americans all just love the Yankees and Reggie Jackson is some kind of national hero to us all...well, again, I don't know how to spell that vomit noise. The Blue Jays should be ashamed of themselves for blatantly catering to Yankee fans. I'd be even more pissed if I were a Jays fan living in the U.S., and I got this crap in the mail. Terrible job, Jays.):

Hello Baseball Fans!!
My name is Mike Rodriguez, I'm a Consumer Sales Representative for the Toronto Blue Jays Baseball Club. I am writing you today to confirm that you received our mailer in recent days, outlining our special offer to American clients that have purchased tickets to attend a game(s) over the past few years. This U.S. 4 Game Pack is exclusive only to our clients from the United States.

The package includes all of the following:

o Discounted pricing on tickets
o Access to reserved seating
o No service charges
o Question and answer opportunity with Hall of Famer, Reggie Jackson, on Memorial Day
o Prices are in Canadian, so you save even more money and includes all taxes


I guess what they're going for is, Look, we've got this Hall of Famer here, and you can meet him. They want people to come up to their park. But how about getting some Blue Jays fans in there? This is so ridiculous. It shows you how money is the most important thing to some people. I understand they're running a business. But if I were running a business, that wouldn't mean I'd have to abandon everything that I hold near/dear to my heart. If I heard the neo-Nazi dollar was a huge dollar, I wouldn't start trying to lure them into my store. (Kind of like how I'd never, ever want Clemens to play for the Red Sox, no matter how good he'd make us--which is no sure thing, by the way. If any Sox fans are somehow confused by this, please take a quick look at the history books, or ask your parents or something.)

Comments:
The park is less than impressive.
 
Yep. Veggie dogs....and... that's about all they've got goin' for 'em.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States