Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Dirty 7

[This post was from Friday night, but I forgot to publish it for some reason. So here it is now. Update: This article claims this Randy trade talk was started by the man himself. (I like the "lowlight list" at the end.) Also, if you didn't hear, James Brown has climbed into that big hot tub in the sky...]

Was watching Conan, waiting for Nellie McKay to come on, and I noticed the MW7 was playing "Dirty Water" as they went to commercials. Thanks to my vast knowledge of how talk shows work, I realized they'd still be playing the song when they came back from those commercials. So I started recording. I give you, ladies and gentlemen, like, three seconds of "Dirty Water." Oh, and making for a full-on Red Sox theme, you'll see Jeffrey Lyons, movie critic and Sox fan, coincidentally, right before the song.

Labels:


Comments:
Unless I'm eating a hot dog from it, "Dirty Water" is a fine anthem:

I'm now writing a Murder Mystery-Comedy on a New Blog, hence a "Thromedy", in short a Satire, linked from the top of Random Fandom Red Sox NYC, called "The Brandenburg XX File", set in Boston, Queens & Brooklyn & Berlin in The Cold War;

Your Blog's link is The 1st One, listed on the New One.
 
I once saw Jeffrey Lyons (at least, I'm pretty sure it was him) walking into Yankee Stadium before a mid-season Sox game, wearing a weathered old Sox cap, and a rumpled suit. It was either 2003 or 2004; in any case it was before The Greatest Comeback in Postseason History. Anyway, he appeared to be in a hurry to get through the gate behind home plate. Some jerkoff Dunbar fan in his early 20's saw him, and got in his face to yell "1918" or some similar crap. Lyons (or his lookalike) got this disgusted look on his face, and yelled "Get out of my way!" at the dopey kid, who was completely stunned and backed down without a word. It really was kickass.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States