Saturday, July 08, 2006

Anti-Slash Movement Gaining Momentum

I've mentioned my disdain of unnecessary and utterly confusing slashes before: Face/Off, Nutri/System, uh... I had some others, but I forgot what they were. I was just watching the commercials between Good Times and what appears to be a late-Chrissy era Three's Company, and I saw a Nutrisystem commercial. No slash! I did some research, and here's what I found:

"The Board of Directors has concluded that it is in the best interests
of the Company to amend the Certificate of Incorporation to change the Company's
name to "NutriSystem, Inc." from "Nutri/System, Inc." The Board believes that
retaining the forward slash in the Company's name may create unnecessary
confusion to potential customers attempting to access the Company's website,
www.nutrisystem.com. If a potential customer inserts the slash in the URL
address, they will not reach the Company's Internet website."

Thank you, internet! Score another one for Al Gore. And me. Face/Off 10 Year Anniversary DVD, watch your back.

Comments:
When I saw the title of this post on my RSS reader, I thought it was going to be about Guns and Roses. This is much better news, as I was going to being circulating a mutiny petition if you really hated the dude.
 
Jason, when I saw the name of this post on my RSS reader, I thought it was going to be about Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger fan fiction.

:-)
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States