Monday, April 24, 2006

"I Could Stop If I Wanted To"

Raise your hand if you just really enjoy the taste of coffee. Not so fast, most of America. Get your caffeine while it's still legal. Or better yet, start weaning yourself off it now, or you're going to be in big trouble. Liberate yourselves from your dependencies. You'll save some money in the process! Then you'll stop working so hard, and have more time to do creative stuff. Or hike the nearest 2,000-mile trail.

Dunkin' Donuts is using a They Might Be Giants song, as was pointed out by Witch City, so they've got that goin' for them. Also, they're not Starbucks. This post was going to end here, but now that I'm screwing with logos, I'll pull the classic "Fuck Off" on the Starbucks one. If it doesn't appear here soon, that means I decided to just go to bed.

Okay, done. They make it so easy.

This is fun. And to think, I was going to do another Bronson Arroyo post tonight...

Comments:
Jere, we really need to start our own Bronson Arroyo support group.
 
I want to see a picture of you with the mohawk.
 
The Red Sox hat is just fine, thanks.
 
I'm like the only art student in the entire University who doesn't smoke (tobacco and/or pot). I have my coffee. Leave me my one vice.
 
This is a great post to re-read while I savor my morning cup of java...

...I slay myself!
 
Oh, you wacky coffee people.

AJM--done and done. When I get home today, I'll whip through the old band photos and find a nice mohawk shot of me. Cover your eyes, Peter.

Sam--nice job on the no-smoke.
 
I can't wait to see the pic. I probably shouldn't admit this, but my fiancee likes to get lattes at the Starbucks on the corner of 81st and 2nd Ave....now if I'm walking out of there with her, and I see you on the street, I'll be too embarrassed to say hello. You'll probably know it's me anyway if I have my Papelbon shirt on.
 
What, no game thread?

Curt shows his true Republican values and starts out the game with KKK. Loretta puts us up 2-0 after one and a half innings. Good work so far.
 
I have never bought anything ever at Starbucks. I also try to avoid Dunkin' Donuts, but gosh, it's hard.
 
I'll just yell "AJM" to everyone in a Papelbon shirt, then.

No game thread. But thanks for filling me in since I missed the early part of the game.

I've probably bought 3 hot chocolates at Starbucks, lifetime. As long as you use their bathroom more times than the amount of products you buy there, you win. I'm down with the donut portion of Dunkin' Donuts, just not the drug-pushing part. Oh, and the egg and cheese on a seame bagel portion. Toasted.
 
I don't drink coffee, yet I still find that Dunkin' commercial highly entertaining. Please explain.
 
Wait, what am I explaining? I'm confused. The original ad with TMBG in it? Or my take off on it?
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States