Friday, March 10, 2006

Old Folks

Part of my job is to call a list of lonely old people to check in with them and make sure they're doing well. After I call them, I make a little note about how the call went. Other people call them as well, so I have a sheet on each person with the comments of everyone who's called them. Today, before calling a man who I'll call Mr. Yastrzemski, I was checking the past comments about him, to get a feel for the guy, since I'd never called him before. I saw the usual remarks: "OK," "Doing well," "appreciates the call," "left message," "no answer," etc. Then I came across an odd one: "good--dressing up as a frog."

Considering the state some of these people are in, I could almost see someone thinking that, for whatever reason, they are indeed dressing up as a frog, when they are really just eating oatmeal.

Then I noticed the date of the call: 10/31.

Comments:
Now that's funny.
 
Haha...that IS funny. It took me all morning to figure out the significance of 10/31 though. Thats not so funny.
 

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States