Saturday, April 02, 2005

Pope Dead, Sox Alive

He missed April Fool's Day by a day. Would have been kind of an ironic victory for Pagans. Oh, well.

In 1979, the year I turned four, the Pope visited New York. I remember each television station switching over to Pope coverage, one by one. At one point, Gilligan's Island was the last show standing. I could live with that. But Gilligan ended, and Get Smart came on. I like the theme song, but wasn't a fan of the show. At all. Thanks a lot, Popey. Taking away kids' shows like that. It was "me, me, me" with that dude...

Also, this officially closes the book on a bet I had with my friend Bruce: Who will die first, Reagan or the Pope. I've long since lost, of course. But our new bet is heating up (Who will have a baby first, Spears or Aguilera) as Britney may be pregnant. I'm hoping not, as i picked Aggie.

It's only a dollar, these bets, so it's no big deal.

[For details on the title of this post, check the internet or ask a friend. It's from '78.]

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States