Sunday, April 10, 2005

All Things Considered

I have to say it was a good day.

The yanks needed about five innings from Sturtze after Pavano got hit by the line drive, and didn't quite get it. So their pen is a little screwed up going into Fenway. Also, just about every hit the yanks gave up was solid.

And I'll take being one back of the yanks going into the flag-raising series. I admit I had some nightmares about being 0-6 and them being 6-0 going into that series. (But it would've been the best day of my life even under those circumstances.)

If the Jays played on a real field, we might have swept. Damon missing a game cost us, and in the bottom of the ninth today, Bellhorn slipped on that ridiculous sandy turf, putting the winning run on.

I've decided I'm happy with Renteria doing as bad as he wants at the plate, as long as every three games, he gets a key late inning hit. But I really don't think we'll have to worry aboout him.

I loved how we were down to our last strike several times, and hung in and tied it up.

Does anyone else find it ironic that Clement's number is three-oh? As my dad put it, that guy is maddening to watch. I like the guy, though.

And I didn't even have to use my AK.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States