Wednesday, February 02, 2005

"I'll See You Tomorrow...Maybe!"

Bostondirtdogs.com headline: "David Wells will wear number three for Sox in honor of the Babe."

Guess what, dirt dick, Bullshit Memorial Stadium told me this ONE WEEK ago. Way to stay on top of things. And act like you're the first to discover this.

Then I was on SoSH, and to piss me off even more, I saw that the Unkempt Kollie is already getting credit from random people for "breaking" this story (7 days late). It's on this thread. It's the eighth post on the page.

A little while ago I was talking about the people twirling their arms behind home plate at Shea in the '86 Series. Recently I saw something funny about that on SoSH, from a poster called Kevyn:

"The only joy I get out of watching these 1986 games is the knowledge that the old woman twirling her arms behind home plate at Shea is probably dead now."

Nice! Come to think of it, they did show a close up of this one old lady with a weird hat on for a good five seconds during Game 2, and she was right behind the plate. By the end of that night's blow-out, she was long gone. But I guess that was her, back for Game Six, with her new, pitcher-distracting innovation. But, again, we should thank that lady, rest her soul, for making 2004 that much sweeter.

I used to work with this dude Greg. One day, all of us got "worker numbers," to more easily allow payroll to calculate our hours logged at work. Greg was in charge of going around and making sure we'd each received our number. So he got to my desk and said, "Got your worker number.....comrade?" He paused for just the perfect amount of time (which I've estimated here by using exactly five elipses), and it just cracked me up. Every morning I think of that as I write my worker number on my timesheet, and by the end of the day, it's out of my head. So today I swore I would remember to tell someone (you) this story. Hope it worked out for you.

Happy Groundhog Day, everybody. "Don't forget your booties cuz' it's cold out there."

Hey yankee fans, "I'll give you a winter prediction. It's gonna be cold, it's gonna be gray, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life..."

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States