Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Ticket Mess

Didn't I just say that you never know when you're gonna get scammed by these internet ticket sites? Sure enough, Chan, who bought our Opening Day tickets, got an email from the site saying, "Sorry, those were spring training tickets." Okaaaay....

Fortunately, he can get his money back. Man, I knew that 60 price tag for lower deck at yanke Stadium was too good to be true, considering the cheapest bleacher seats are going for about 85 each. So we'll probably dig a little deeper and get some of those.

But these ticket scalpers are horible. I went back to that site, and they're STILL selling the spring training tickets for 60, calling them "Home Game 1." I'm not going to say the name of the site, because I don't want to advertise for those rip-off artists.

The deal is this: The first three games of the year will be played between April 3rd and April 7th, according to yankees.com, but no dates are set yet. All these ticket "agencies" are selling tickets for the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th, saying each day is yankees vs. Red Sox. So much like with a "shake" in Springfield, you don't know what you're gettin'. I called this one place, and asked the guy about this. It was like I was the first person to realize that they're selling five sets of tickets to three games. Later, I checked their site again, and they had changed it, because of me, to say "Home Game 1, 2, and 3," instead of "Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday." That's when I decided to spring for the 60 dollar seats, because at that point, they were being called "Home Game 1" instead of "Monday," which could've meant Game 1 OR 2, depending on ESPN, I guess. So, through Chan, we got 'em, or thought we had 'em, until the guy wrote Chan saying that these "Home Game 1" tickets, formerly known as "Monday" tickets, were actually tickets to a spring training game. (Which makes no sense either, because spring training will be over at that point.)

The weird thing was, the guy was nice on the phone, saying he didn't want to sell me tix to Opening Day, when he couldn't guarantee they were for Opening Day. And now he's offering Chan his $ back, but still, terrible job by all these stupid criminals. Maybe I'll go the eBay route.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States