Sunday, August 01, 2004

Sigh

Happy New Month everybody.

I feel more each day like Michael Dukakis, when he said about George Bush in a 1988 debate, "I can't believe I'm losin' to this guy..."

Well, it was really Jon Lovitz and Dana Carvey, playing the roles of Dukakis and Bush on Saturday Night Live. But the point is, we should be 9 up on the yanks, not 9 down.

I don't know what's more frustrating, the fact that we just can't get any cool air into this apartment in this oppressive humid stretch, or the Red Sox. Yes I do. It's the Red Sox.

I played my first show with my new band tonight, so at least that took my mind off the team for a while. Man, if you're a Sox fan who doesn't have anything else goin' on in your life to distract you, you must be ready to end it all by now, if you haven't already.

Nomar's wearing my favorite number.

I couldn't help but notice that on the yankee broadcast, after A-Rod hit his 28th homer of the year, Kay said that he "took the lead" in the home run race. That was a lie, since Manny had already hit his 28th a little earlier. You know Kay knew about it, but he decided to lie. Then on one of the New York news stations, the sports reporter showed A-Rod's homer, then said that he now leads the league with 28. So he probably heard Kay's call, and just assumed it was a truth, instead of the filthy Kay-ass lie that it was. Maybe you can say someone "leads the league" in something when they're actually tied with someone else--but in that case, I've won every game of Tic-Tac-Toe I've ever played.

You may say this is a little thing that I shouldn't worry about, but it's not about the home run lead, it's about the deliberate misinformation that always makes the yanks look good. Don't these people have enough? Even if Manny had hit his 28th AND 29th homer today, that reporter still would've said it was A-Rod's "league leading" home run, thanks to Kay. It's sickening to me. Kind of like the way the Red Sox are playing right now. I guess the new guys need time to gel or whatever. I just hope it happens this season.

The magic number is still stuck at, I don't know, 70 or something.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States