Saturday, July 24, 2004

Friday Five Answers

Check out the Friday Five on http://sheazi.blogspot.com. It's about the Red Sox. Here are my answers:

1. Definitely the helmet sundae. When they ask you what you want on there, just say, "everything." But if you just order a "helmet," as opposed to a "sundae" (which also comes in the helmet), you don't get toppings, so order correctly. (I found this out the hard way.) A note on Cracker Jacks--the only time I've ever got Cracker Jacks and DID NOT find a prize inside was at Fenway Park. Has anyone else ever NOT gotten a prize?

2. I'm gonna go with Mike Greenwell here. I also loved Jim Rice and Dewey Evans. And my favorite Sox cult hero of course is Rich Gedman. (I never really liked Boggs that much, but the game you mentioned might have been the one where he got a double, and waved to the crowd from second base. I can't remember the significance of the hit, either.

3. I don't have one favorite from the current team, but if I had to choose, I'd say Varitek just barely over Trot, Pedro, Manny, Ortiz, and Nomar. And Mueller, Damon, and Wakefield. And Pokey.

4. Funny how Megan went to Florie's first game back. I was at the game where he got hit in the eye. It was on my birthday. I've also been to a lot of great Sox games, like Trot hitting the homer off Clemens at NY, and Derek Lowe's No-Hitter, but my favorite moment is still the Brunansky catch in '90, with Henderson's HR in '86 close--no, tied with that.

5. My worst Red Sox moment was definitely when my whole family stood up and all held hands when the team was one strike away in '86, and watching it all fall apart.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States