Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Opti-freakin'-mism

If you want to read about my two Fenway experiences from last week, scroll down...

In the meantime, I've been reading a lot of panicky Red Sox fans' fears about how the yankees are "nearly unstoppable." And I'm here to say, Don't worry about 'em.
That team is eeking out one cheap victory after another. They continue to make bonehead plays all over the field. Brown is now on the DL. They need pitching to win and they don't have it. I watch them way more than I should, and I'm telling you, their fans are the ones who should be worrying. The point is, it's in our hands. If we want to beat them, we can do it. (This is the Red Sox "we" I'm using.) Not many teams can do it, but we certainly can. We've proven that we're not afraid of those bastards and I'm still seeing a ten game lead (for us, not them) on the horizon.

Settle.

Okay, I'm calm.

Breathe.

Alright, yes, you can look back on the message boards from any other year and see this kind of talk. And I know it's always turned out the same.

But it's no fun to go Wee Wee Wee all the way home, so I'm gonna root my ass off for my team and this year it's gonna be fun right up until the end.

Look at it this way, we get to root for Pokey "Smilin', laughin', jumpin' 20 feet in the air, busting his ass every day" Reese, they get to root for Derek "B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T" Cheater.

Magic Number thru June 15th: 105.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States