Sunday, April 11, 2004

Don't Miss Your Chance To Bean Jeter!

I heard a story on WCBS New York that Madame Tussauds Wax Museum in Times Square will be having a wax statue of Derek Jeter on hand that you can "pitch" to. Apparently this big Jeter doll then grades your pitching skills.

Naturally, the first image that came to my mind was one of me, plunking this waxy-ass Jeter in the skull.

But the newswriters over at CBS were one step ahead of me. Later in the day, the story came on again, only this time, they actually added something to the effect of: If you're a Red Sox fan, and you're thinking about beaning Jeter, just know that the balls are spongy, and they bounce off the wax, without damaging the artwork.

All the more reason to go, right? I can hit him over and over again, and they can't give me the hook. (As long as I'm paid up, I guess.)

Right now I can't find any further info on-line, but if you're in the Times Square area, look for Madame Tussauds and check it out. (Mets fans welcome, too.)

And when admiring the wax dummy, note the attention to detail, right down to that fact that there is no soul inside Derek Jeter.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States