Monday, March 15, 2004

The Sympathizers (A Preview)

I was thinking about writing a post about y*nkee fans who are pro-Red Sox, which I'm noticing a lot of lately, and I still will probably write that, but I was just at a bookstore, and, as a preview of that post, here's the conversation I had with the bookseller:

Me: Hi. (putting two baseball-related books on counter)
Dude behind counter: Anticipating the baseball season, eh?
Me: Oh, yeah.
Dude: (pointing at my Sox hat) Hopeful again?
Me: Yup. This has got to be the year.
Dude: At least the y*nks got zapped in the Series, though.
Me: Yeah! Turned out to be a good year after all.
Dude: Heh, heh. I'm a y*nkee fan and I hate the y*nkees. They ARE the evil empire.
Me: I'm hearing that a lot nowadays.
Dude: I still root for 'em though, it's hard to break the habit.
Me: I'm sure it is.

More to come...


Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States