Saturday, March 27, 2004

My Kingdom For A Screened-In Porch

I was at my parents' house today, which is located on the beautiful (but often stinky) Long Island Sound. Being at the beach always reminds me of being a little kid. I think my favorite baseball memories are the ones where I'm watching the Red Sox on the screened-in porch at my Grandpa's cottage, which was also on the Connecticut shore. (Specifically that game in '86 where the Sox beat the Indians 24-5, and Spike Owen scored six runs, which was cool because I also had a cat named Spike, who probably scored at least six mice that day.)

It was always such an exotic experience to watch the game at my Grandpa's, because he got TV 38. At home, we only got a few games on the Connecticut affiliate, so it was the same announcers and everything, but to actually be watching 38 was always cool. I'd get to see the ads for other shows on 38, which our station would cut off: "Catch Hogan's Heroes after the game here on WSBK, TV 38."

The key to life is a screened-in porch. People are always tryin' to get money so they can get a huge house and lots of toys. But for me, if I can just get myself a screened-in porch, I'll be all set.

You don't need money to live like a millionaire. If you're doing what you want to do, what more do you need? Plus, all the money in the world couldn't buy the memories I already have.

I just hope that one day I can look back at myself as an adult on a screened-in porch, watching the Red Sox in the year they won the World Series.

Comments:

Post a Comment

If you're "anonymous," please leave a name, even if it's a fake one, for differentiation purposes.

If you're having trouble commenting, try signing in to whatever account you're using first, then come back here once you're signed in.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

My Photo
Name:
Location: Rhode Island, United States